Below are a number of highly informative links for Scouters at all levels of experience. If you’re brand new to Scouting, or have years of experience, the following links are essential. The information contained at the below links is also invaluable for parents, and in the case of Youth Protection Training, essential.
- Youth Protection Training – The protection and safety of our Cub Scouts is essential. Key to this is a comprehensive training program that is required for all of our adult leadership, and is strongly recommended for all parents of members of our pack. In addition to online training, Pack 353 routinely holds two in-person training sessions in the Fall (coincident with new families joining our pack), and in the Spring.
- Training for Adults – New to a position? This page has everything you need to complete position-specific training modules online. Completion of all position-specific training entitles you to wear a “Trained” strip on your uniform shirt.
- Den Leader Resources – Contains valuable resources for all levels of the Cub Scout program, as well as videos on how to run an effective den meeting
- New Lion or Tiger Den Leader Welcome Guide Valuable resource for getting the program up and running for our newest Scouts.
- Family Talent Survey Form – An invaluable resource that should be given to new (and current) parents in the den to identify resources or expertise.
- Age Appropriate Guidelines – Easy to follow chart that indicates which activities are age appropriate for your Cub Scouts.
- Guide to Safe Scouting – An online (PDF and online version) resource that is an invaluable overview of policies and procedures appropriate to the Scouting program.
Other Useful External Resources:
- Atlanta Area Council – website
- Silver Comet District – website
- How to sew uniform patches (Note: Uniforms with some of the patches pre-sewn can be purchased at the Atlanta Area Scout Shop)
- Badge Magic – The alternative to sewing uniform patches
- Offical Scout Catalog
- Resource – Info on Cub Scouting
- Resource – Great Scout Info A to Z
- Resource – Boy Scout Trail website